Being a good citizen means you are a positive part of a community.
A person who is a good citizen:
- does his/her share to make his/her school, community and the world a better place
- participates in community activities and is a good neighbor
- follows family values and the rules of his/her school and society
Having respect means you value yourself and others.
A person who is respectful:
- is courteous and polite to all people
- listens to what other people have to say
- conducts him/herself with dignity and pride
Being a responsible person means that you are in charge of your actions.
A person who is responsible:
- creates and maintains a safe living environment
- is reliable and dependable
- thinks before he/she acts and always imagines the consequences
Being trustworthy means other people can trust you.
A person who is trustworthy:
- is honest and never lies, steals or cheats
- always keeps his/her promises
- is courageous enough to do what is right, even though it may be difficult
Being fair means you treat each person or situation equally or justly.
A person who is fair:
- plays by the rules and is not a sore-loser
- thinks about how his/her actions will affect others
- doesn't play favorites
Being caring means you treat others lovingly.
A person who is caring:
- treats others with kindness and generosity
- is sensitive to people's feelings and is never mean or hurtful