Dear Parents and Guardians:
Welcome to the 2019-20 School Year and to our district’s newly adopted K-5 mathematics program, enVisionmath2.0 (Pearson Publishing, 2016 edition)!
enVisionmath2.0 is a comprehensive, blended digital and print mathematics program designed to help your child achieve the mathematical proficiency levels established by our district. Your child will be actively involved in using concrete and digital tools to develop deep mathematical understanding, and will apply this understanding through practice and problem solving in every math lesson. In addition, you can expect your child to learn and practice new math ideas and concepts in a various ways, such as:
* Solving problems and explaining their thinking in a write-in text and online
* Using online animations to help build understanding in a visual way
* Working individually, in pairs, and in small groups to solve problems and share their thinking
* Completing homework that promotes computational thinking, fluency, and application through rich problem solving
* Engaging in online practice that provides help as needed through worked-out examples and sell-help videos
* Experiencing a variety of math activities that include Math Games, Math and Science Activities, and Today’s Challenge in order to apply understanding in different contexts and different levels of learning
Our district is very excited about implementing enVisionmath2.0 and looks forward to working in partnership with you in a successful year in math! More information will follow regarding your child’s online access credentials, and scheduled Parent Information Sessions.
Please note: All K-5 math information and updates can be easily located on your elementary school’s website by locating the icon entitled “K-5 Math Program”. Please forward any questions about our new math program by email to email@example.com.
Dr. Jean Ferrara
K-12 Mathematics Supervisor