Old Bridge Township Public Schools' Mission Statement and Goals
Recognizing that each person has an inherent worth, it is the mission of the Old Bridge Public Schools to empower each student to learn, to achieve success, and to become a confident, productive member of a pluralistic, global society prepared to face the challenges of the 21st century.
We Believe that:
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- All children can learn.
- Education is a shared responsibility among the schools, the child, the family, and the community.
- All students are entitled to a safe, supportive learning environment.
- Self-esteem is necessary for successful learning.
- The development of curriculum is an on-going and cyclical process.
- The district should provide a dynamic curriculum that recognizes the various needs and learning styles of the students.
- An appreciation of the arts and humanities enhances the education of the whole child.
- All students should be taught to appreciate and respect the cultural differences in our society.
- All students are worthy of educational opportunity, respect, tolerance, and fairness.
- Schools should prepare students to function successfully in society.
- All children should be encouraged to rise to their highest level of achievement