1. Identify rhyming words with the same or different spelling patterns.
Rhyming Words Match Game
Reggie Loves to Rhyme
2. Use letter-sound knowledge and structural analysis to decode words.
Long Vowel Sounds
3. Use knowledge of common word families (e.g., -ite or -ate) and complex word families (e.g., -ould, -ight) to sound out unfamiliar words.
Word Family Sort
4. Demonstrate a growing stock of sight words.
List of Third Grade Site Words
List of Third Grade High Frequencey Words
Flash Card Memory
Sight Word Quiz
Create a Sight Word Worksheet
5. Read text using fluid and automatic decoding skills.
Learn to Read at Starfall
6. Read passages fluently with changes in tone, voice, timing and expression to demonstrate meaningful comprehension.
33 Harvard Road Parlin, NJ 08859 (732) 360-4485 fax: Accessibility
Madison Park Elementary School
33 Harvard Road Parlin, NJ 08859