Substitute Teachers and Licensing Information
Substitute Teaching and Licensure Information
Old Bridge Township requires verification of 60 college credits to be considered for employment as a substitute. You may apply online in Applitrack https://www.applitrack.com/oldbridge/onlineapp/ to posting number 1017 or contact Mariya Lomberg, Secretary to the Assistant Superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following items will be required as part of the online application process:
- County substitute certificate or NJ Instructional Certificate (if available)
*If you hold a certification in a specialty area such as Industrial Arts, Family Consumer Science, Business, Science, Mathematics, ELA or World language please submit a copy of your certification and a letter of interest via email directly to Dr. Kathleen Hoeker, Kathleen.Hoeker@obps.org for immediate consideration.
Once interviewed and recommended for hire, you will be given a checklist for completion and date of return for all required documentation. This documentation includes the following:
- Date of fingerprinting and approval letter or CRU (Criminal Review Unit) printout
- NJ New hire form
- Mantoux test results (should be completed within a year)
- I-9 form with documents that Establish Both Identity and Employment Authorization
- W-4 form
- Direct deposit form and void check from your Bank institution
- NJ State DOE CRU Applicant Authorization and Certification
- Verification of employment (if previously employed by another district)
- Applicants not holding a NJ instructional certificate must apply for a County Substitute Certificate. Questions regarding County Substitute licensure may be answered by the school district after recommendation for hire