Central New Jersey Planetarium ShowsWhy travel to NYC or Philadelphia to visit a planetarium with your school groups?Why navigate through large crowds while walking with your class groups?
The best, most current planetarium shows including a highly-qualified, state-certified science teacher to present them are available right here in Central New Jersey, and you won’t spend the entire day on a bus.
The Old Bridge Township Public Schools are fortunate to have a state-of-the-art, digital SciDome projection system operating inside a 35-foot dome projection ceiling with a powerful surround-sound audio system right inside two of our schools.
We can also project live websites, NASA videos and other Internet resources onto the dome ceiling to answer audience questions and share current events in astronomy.
Top 10 Reasons to Visit an Old Bridge Planetarium
- We are close- why spend time in traffic losing most of your day sitting on a bus?
- Easy entry/exit for groups through a dedicated planetarium door with easy bus access, wheelchair accessible
- Free and convenient parking for your buses
- No crowds! Your students get the special attention they deserve without the security concerns of a crowded, museum venue.
- Cost Effective- The cost per student is minimal compared to other planetaria that are farther away.
- Instruction Time- Your students will not lose an entire day of school when you visit Old Bridge for a planetarium field trip.
- Educator Guides- Most full-dome feature shows include pre- and post-visit activities in the Educator’s Guide.
- Live, interactive activities with iPads are also available.
- We have many current features being shown in large planetaria worldwide.
- Featuring the Spitz SciDome Digital Display System with shows and curricula for full-dome education and real-time astronomy simulations.
Bring your school or community group to have a unique learning experience by choosing one of the current programs. Then, contact our office of curriculum and instruction.The Old Bridge Planetariums are currently not hosting outside groups. Interested parties should e-mail the name of their organization, contact person, phone number, and e-mail to Jeff Caulfield, Supervisor of Science, Old Bridge Township Public Schools, firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be kept on file and will be given priority consideration once the Planetarium Educational Outreach Program is up and running. We thank you in advance as the district makes the necessary preparations to provide the highest quality programming for our valued community partners and educational colleagues.