Mrs. Dinneny's Site - Old Bridge Township Public Schools
Room 102 is OUR Class...not mine!
FUN FACT! I grew up on a farm and raised chickens!
Fabulous Fifth Grade
THE FIFTH GRADE TEACHERS HAVE FUN ACTIVITIES PLANNED MONTHLY!
FIRST NOVEL: Started!..Bud, Not Buddy
The Cardiovascular System
Immigration Projects and Cultural Dolls
Proud to be an American Essays
Challenges for December: Always do your best! Think of others! #WeGotThis!
ASSIGNMENTS. Check your agenda pad to see if ALL the assignments are completed!!
THE GOOD CHARACTER CHALLENGE: Citizenship
*be your personal best
*be sincere with your words and actions
*be the leader that is inside you
*be proud of yourself
THIS SITE IS A PERFECT WAY TO KEEP YOU INFORMED OF OUR CLASS PROJECTS AND IMPORTANT NOTES.
Our class mission is to provide a safe, friendly, and interesting learning environment in which all children feel free to take chances as they discover and learn new ideas and concepts. Our goal is to develop independent thinkers and doers!
"Education is not preparation for life, education is life itself." John Dewey
Imporant reminders: For Students and Parents
* homework is assigned Monday through Thursday (Fridays if necessary)
* homework is accepted the day the assignment is due..(1 day grace period with a reduction in points)
* check your daily homework agenda pad for assignments
* read nightly for at least 10-15 minutes (Something you enjoy!)
* be on time for school and prepared for a very busy day filled with fun learning
* Parent Portal is updated within a reasonable time
Activites to do instead of watching TV:
* ride your bike..WEAR YOUR HELMET
* help around the house...HELP CLEAN UP AFTER DINNER
* play catch..OR PLAY OUTSIDE..GET SOME FRESH AIR
* practice math facts...6-9 TABLES and 3 digit by 3 digit multiplication
* go for a walk...DO NOT WALK ALONE
* read a book..SIT BACK AND RELAX
Fifth Grade Supply List: Please replace as needed
* Links: www.studyisland.com
I just know the 2019-2020 school year will be a great one!