Mrs. Dinneny's Site - Old Bridge Township Public Schools
Room 202 is OUR Class...not mine!
Fabulous Fifth Grade
THE FIFTH GRADE TEACHERS HAVE FUN ACTIVITIES PLANNED MONTHLY!
NOVEL: Starting October..Bud, Not Buddy
Exciting News! New Math Series Is Rolling Out
Challenges for September: Raise Your Bar for Higher Quality Work! Make a Weekly Hastag for Positive Days!
ASSIGNMENTS. Check you agenda pad to see if ALL your assignments are completed!!
THE GOOD CHARACTER CHALLENGE:
Attempt using the character word of the week in your daily routines..
*be your personal best
*be sincere with your words and actions
*be the leader that is inside you
*be proud of yourself
AND.......MINDSET...what was yours?
STUDY ISLAND: Remember, almost every week a new assignment is posted..getting ready for 6th grade is important.
THIS SITE IS A PERFECT WAY TO KEEP YOU INFORMED OF OUR CLASS PROJECTS AND IMPORTANT NOTES.
Our class mission is to provide a safe, friendly, and interesting learning environment in which all children feel free to take chances as they discover and learn new ideas and concepts. Our goal is to develop independent thinkers and doers!
"Education is not preparation for life, education is life itself." John Dewey
Imporant reminders: For Students and Parents
* homework is assigned Monday through Thursday (Fridays if necessary)
* homework is accepted the day the assignment is due..(1 day grace period with a reduction in points)
* check your daily homework agenda pad for assignments
* read nightly for at least 10-15 minutes
* be on time for school and prepared for a busy day
* Parent Portal is updated within a reasonable time
Activites to do instead of watching TV:
* ride your bike..WEAR YOUR HELMET
* help around the house...CLEAN UP AFTER DINNER
* play catch..OR PLAY OUTSIDE..GET SOME FRESH AIR
* practice math facts...6-9 TABLES and 3 digit by 3 digit multiplication
* go for a walk...DO NOT WALK ALONE
* read a book..SIT BACK AND RELAX
Fifth Grade Supply List: Please replace as needed
* 2- pocket folders
* 2- marble notebooks (may need another as the year moves on)
* 1- 5 subject notebook (math)
* 2- 3 subject notebooks (ELA, Sci, SS, Health)
* 1- soft zipper pencil case
* 1- box of crayons (24 pack)
* pencils, erasable pen, highlighter, crayons, (NO TRAPPERS OR BINDERS ~They will be sent home)
* book socks (available through PTA)
~~~~FLASH DRIVE***Please have this item by the end of September..