Welcome to Mrs. Berg's Home
Welcome to my new Speech and Language website!
Old Bridge Public Schools
Department of Special Services
Speech and Language Department
Mrs. S. Berg, M.S., CCC/SLP
Welcome to Speech and Language!
Hello! My name is Mrs. Berg, and I will have the pleasure of being your child’s Speech-Language Therapist this year!
For those of you who already know me, I am looking forward to working with you again this year, and for those who are new, I am excited to get to know you and your child as we work together.
Below you will find some guidelines to help make your child’s experience productive and positive!
- On your child’s first day of therapy, he/she will receive a speech folder. Inside the folder, you will find the day(s) and time(s) of your child’s speech therapy session(s).
- Your child will receive speech-language homework one time per week, even if they are seen more than one time each week. Homework will always be due ONE WEEK after it is given, so please take your time to complete AND review the homework activity before returning it.
- Articulation/sound activities should be reviewed and practiced at least FIVE MINUTES DAILY! Daily practice of speech sound production is essential for retraining oral muscles and ensuring progress.
- ALL HOMEWORK MUST BE SIGNED BY AN ADULT.
- When your child returns their completed and signed homework, they will receive a homework sticker for their chart, which will be located in the speech room or on their folder.
- Prizes/Rewards will be given throughout the year for their completed homework.
There are several ways you can contact me with any questions or concerns:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call the School office and leave a message with the secretary.
- Place a note in your child’s speech-language folder.
Shelley Berg, M.S., CCC/SLP